Warsaw, ND is in an area of Walsh County that was settled in the 19th century by immigrants from Poland, and which remained a predominantly Polish-speaking area well beyond the middle of the 20th century. The Catholic Church of St. Stanislaus in Warsaw, built in 1901, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Many of the inscriptions on gravestones in the adjacent cemetery are in Polish.
The church is sometimes called The Cathedral of the Prairie as it dominates the otherwise flat skyline of the area and is the tallest structure for miles around. Pretty significant, considering the town of Warsaw is unincorporated and has a population of around 100 people.